Friday, September 18, 2009

Weekend Bike Ride

          Do you like going on bike rides?  Well, I do I go on one almost every weekend with my Dad.  Here is one specific time that I really remember.  I really love the Greenbelt Trail so we drove to Cindy"s (co-worker) house.
          Now we all get onto the actual trail after trail after missing a couple of street turns.  The Greenbelt Trail is very curvy and loops all over the city.  This an old trail so nature and buildings have grown around it.  It is a natural habitat for birds, snakes, and other small animals.
          I just love all the noises I can hear , and how there are so many new parks that I can hear the laughter coming from.  Today we are headed Downtown to Greys Lake.  My favorite part is going over and under a bridge.  It descends very fast and then I zip back up the hill amongst the old Oaks again.  Luckily there are metal fences under the bridges on both sides.  It would not be good to run over a hobo sleeping in the mud!!
Finally we get to Water Works Park where the water treatment center is located.
          Our destination is just across the busy 4-lane road.  In Water Works there are a lot of noisy bugs chirping around the ponds.  All the leaves are falling off the trees and it's only September!!
          Greys Lake is so beautiful because there is a long bridge made partly of colored glass that shines like a diamond.  I can see a sandy beach across the lake but we aren't  going that far today.  I can sill hear the the music halfway across the lake.
I love going on weekend bike rides with my Dad, but it's disappointing when we have to go back home.

Ian C    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment