Friday, September 18, 2009

The Campout

The day before my two friends came over for a campout in my backyard was fun!!! My parents took me and my sister out for a surprise. We kept bugging them to try and find out what it was! First we drove to Pizza Hut and got some food. It wasn't a long wait. Once again, we were all back in the car, the windows were open and we could feel the crisp wind on our faces. In about 15 minutes we found our way to waterworks park, where we chose a nice, shady spot and parked the car.

Later that day, I was sitting in the shade of a tree a staring at my phone. One of my friends and I were texting each other, talking about what we were going to do the next day when she and her twin arrived for the backyard campout. About 5 minutes later my friends were on their way down to my house to have fun and make plans for the coming day.

BOING!!! "Catch it! Catch it!" I yelled. We were on the verge of catching a grasshopper! We had it for sure, but then it slipped out of our reach and on to the ground below. We ran down the deck steps, jar in hand. It took awhile, but we finally had caught the hyper, green grasshopper! Shortly afterward we began to pitch the tent- with my parent's help of course! Sadly after we finished helping with the tent, it was time for my friends to go. We exited through the front gate and started the walk home. All to soon we were in front of my friends house. But then we saw it, lurking by a plant. We yelled to their little sister to get a bug jar and quickly scooped it up. I walked back home with another grasshopper in hand.

The next day my friends came around 2:30. Immediately we ran to the tent and began setting up our sleeping arrangements. I was in the middle! Then we went inside and played with my cat, Belle, and my two kittens, Kamie and Kayia. Later we got some snacks and sat in chairs listening to music and talking. We had loads of fun! Eventually, my dad called us up to eat a delicious supper of mac + cheese and food on the grill! After supper, we changed into our PJ's and sat eagerly around the fire pit. As soon as the orange fire was glowing, we started to make some s'mores. Chocolaty goodness! Almost an hour had passed so we took a very bright flashlight and went to go look at the creek behind my house.

Once we came back we became astronomers and found constellations like Cygnus and Pegasus. It was so cool to see the bright lights in the purple sky. Afterward, as soon as my sister and her friend had gone to the tent, we sat around the dying embers of the fire and told creepy ghost stories. We finally went back to the tent to go on pictochat on our DS's. Soon we decided we were tired and tried to fall asleep. Only one out of the three of us succeeded. Me and my friend stayed up until 2 a.m. when we finally decided we were sleepy. The next morning the three of us trudged groggily up the deck steps for breakfast. The fun didn't stop 'till 11:30, when my friends had to go home. It was such an AMAZING weekend!!!

Anna R.

No comments:

Post a Comment