Friday, September 18, 2009

How I Got My Dog

        It was the cold winter morning of December 19. We were tired and getting closer. But then the longest train ever stopped us. We were waiting for about 5 minutes. We then kept driving, and cold here sleigh bells from a distance. I was looking out the window, and saw exactly 7 male deer in a field. 
       After a while, we got to our Grandma's house, exhausted, and heard whimpering. We darted into the backroom. Right i the center was a big cardboard box. My mom looked inside and slowly and carefully picked up a puppy!!!!!!!
       Once everyone got over the shock, we began to play with her. I could feel her soft fur. After a while, we found a note on the side of the box. We opened it up and found that she was 7 weeks old and her name was Lucy.
       Then we began the feast. The mashed potatoes smelled like they had just come out of the oven. The turkey smelled like it was just bout and cut. I could feel the spoon in my hand, just ready to dig in and find what to eat first.
       Now, we have had Lucy for about a year. Her real birthday is somewhere in October, so that is coming up. She has been having tons of accidents in the house, but at least we have her. 


Olivia W.  

No comments:

Post a Comment