Friday, October 2, 2009

Swinging Like A Monkey

It all started when I felt that I haven't swung in forever. So I raced to my backyard. I searched for my swinging tree, found it, and pounced on to a branch. I could feel the rough bark rubbing off on my hands. I could hear the birds chirping all around me. I could smell the fresh air. I could see children laughing and playing.

I then started swinging, and I thought that this would be a great holiday. So, I figured out the date, and it would be September 28th. So, I dashed to the State Council, and asked them if they could make it a holiday. They told me that they would vote on it. The answer was yes! I was so happy I skipped all the way home.

Now the holiday, International Swing Like A Monkey Day, has spread all the way around the world and every September 28th, people find their swinging tree, and swing.


Olivia W.

No comments:

Post a Comment